After reading and surfing many websites this week, I can conclude that there are many ways one can improve one’s website design so that readers can stay longer in the website and recommend others to browse the website. In my opinion, these 5 points are essential in making attractive website.
- Use a professional logo and place it in a very strategic location on the website. Logo symbolises the brand of the website and therefore it is very crucial that the logo catches the attention of the readers. Good logo will make the website more attractive to the readers. .
- Use intuitive navigation. The navigation in the website must be easy enough to follow so that reader will be happy to stay in the website. If the navigation is complicated, most readers will leave the website instead of trying to figure it out.
- Use professional photos. As we know, pictures worth thousands words. Good and attractive pictures will help to retain the readers to stay in the website longer.
- Use colour appropriately. The present of correct colour will make the website more appealing to the readers. It is a fact that certain colours are attactive than others. Blue more appealing than grey.
- Lastly, test the website design. Very important stage is to actually test different types of logos or test different shades of colours to check which is the best for the website development. Only by testing do we actually know which one will be the best design.