One of my favorite social media outlets is Buzzfeed. They are known for their numbered lists (Top 18 pizza joints you must try before you die) and quizzes (Which Disney princess are you?) So for this week’s blog entry I am using their lists as inspiration.
Top 5 ways to use social media to get inspired to work out and eat better
1. Follow personal trainers on Instagram. A lot of them post videos of workouts and meal plans. These are really great for learning how to do a single leg scarecrow and bird dogs. @ij_fitness @ck_rich and @_getfitbysmith_ are my favorites!
2. If you belong to a gym, follow it on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Connect with other gym members and learn about upcoming events and class schedules
3. Encourage your gym friends, post on their walls, tag them in events, and posts, celebrate their successes
4. Use Pinterest to find healthy recipes. The new search features makes this much easier. You can search by ingredient or look up boards that users have created with pins of recipes they like.
5. Use Pinterest to find inspirational quotes and workouts.